One item on my girls’ Christmas list is 2 long jump ropes — long enough to try double-dutch, to jump in back doors and front doors (remember how awesome jump roping is?). So that’s what Ralph made. One for Maude and one for Olive.
I had pretty much nothing to do with this. The project was handed off to Ben Blair with the following explanation: Ralph is thinking about making jump ropes for Maude and Olive. But I have no idea how to make the handles. Will you please work with Ralph and figure something out?
They pow-wowed and came up with the idea of bike handles. Which worked perfectly.
Nice work, Ralph! Nice work Ben Blair!
Want more ideas? Here are some links to other sibling gifts we’ve made:
– Ribbon flowers (as belts, clips and hairpins)
– Glitter Initials
– Decoupaged Sketchbook
– Tutu, decoupaged bucket for matchbox cars, after-school bags, tiedye tees
– Flower headbands
– Wool mittens from recycled sweaters, embellished dragon mittens, sculpey bracelets, bibs, snowglobes and romper stompers made from cans
– Bubble bath, circle loom scarf
– Ribbon barrettes, painted t-shirt
– Bean bags, heating pad, hand chalk (for gymnastics), iPod cover