Valentine’s Day is one week from today. If you’re planning to help your kids make classmate valentines this year, it’s the perfect time to choose a favorite and order any supplies. I’ve collected six really cute options here (five are candy free), and I’ve got four pretty options for grown ups too.
1) Shrinky Dink Text Message Pins. These are as fun to make as they are to give. Maybe more fun. When’s the last time you made Shrinky Dinks? They are awesome.
2) Animal Track Stamp Valentines. A great candy free option! Just order a set of stamps and use the free printable.
3) You Light Up My World Valentines. Another easy, candy-free option. And have you ever played with one of these little finger lights? They are the coolest.
4) Mad Lib Valentines. This might be the family favorite. Several kids have made these over the years.
6) Donut Valentines. This one is (obviously) not sugar free, but it’s a fun one to give. Who doesn’t love a good donut? Free printable too.
7) Lollipop Valentines. An oldie but goodie. This idea is still a true crowdpleaser.
8) Wood You Be My Valentine? This one requires a simple wood burning tool, and once you have it, we have tons of fun projects you can make with it.
Here are six options that would be fun to make for a sweetheart or for your Galentine’s celebration.
1) Alphabet Wraps. Print and trim these, then wrap your favorite mini chocolate bars to write any message you like.
2) Felt Treat Boxes. Super charming! Fill them with something sweet, or a small piece of jewelry.
3) Envelope Wraps. Use the simple template to make envelopes, and then fill them with whatever you like. (I recommend cookies.)
4) Citrus Sugars. Instructions for lemon, orange, and lime. With a free printable gift tag too.
5) Heart Pom Pom Bookmarks. I’m sure you know just the person who would appreciate one of these.
6) Etched Heart Keychains. Pull out your woodburner and spend an evening making something pretty.
How about you? Are you making Valentine’s Day plans yet? Have you ever thrown a Galentine’s Get together? And how are you feeling about classmate valentines this year? Sometimes I’m in the mood to get crafty, and other times, I’m all about a box of store bought options.
P.S. — Dessert for Two recipes.