Last month, my daughter Olive came home from the famous Oakland White Elephant Sale with a new handwoven-basket/hand bag. It’s the third one she’s found, and they’re the beginnings of a stylish little collection.
I find myself borrowing her bags as photo props, or for my own errands, and decided I would look into buying one for myself. So I started hunting! Here are 13 bags I found, in all shapes and sizes — plus one $5 accessory that will make any bag feel special and summery.
1) Pulama Wicker Woven Top Handle Handbag. In two colors. $27
3) Joseko Crossbody Straw Bag. In four colors. $20
4) Rattan Nation Handwoven Round Net Rattan Bag, Straw Bag. $35
5) Pom Pom Tassel Bag Charm. Would be especially cute with #7 and #14. $5
6) Daisy Rose Straw Beach Tote with Pom Poms. Vegan Leather Handles. $35
7) Obosoyo Bamboo Handbag. In several colors and two sizes. $35
8) Straw Hobo Bag with Round Handle. In two colors. $26.
10) Rattan Nation Handwoven Round Rattan Bag. Leather strap. $18
11) Clare V Pot de Miel Top Handle Basket. In three colors. $189
12) Beauty YaYa Bag with Bow Clasp. $39
13) French Basket Backpack. $22
How about you? Are you a fan of these types of bags? Or do they seem too gimmicky or touristy to you? Any favorites you’ve seen out there? (Feel free to share links.)