This post is sponsored by the #RightToDesire campaign.
As you may already know from our previous discussions, Hypoactive (low) Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD) affects 1 in 10 women. One in ten! For too many women it’s an all-too-real issue that impacts their daily lives, their relationships, and their sense of well-being.
Right To Desire wants to change the conversation, and redefine what sexual health means for women — encouraging us examine and re-think the false perceptions we tell ourselves about our right to sexual health and wellness. The Right To Desire website is a place to reset, to learn more, and to promote conversations (often funny, sometimes raw, always honest) about topics like a woman’s right to desire, discovering what a healthy sexual relationship might look like for you, and promoting parity in sexual wellness care within our healthcare system.
And now’s your chance to jump into the conversation. And win some luxe prizes too!! Like a Louis Vuitton Neverfull handbag + a Brooklinen Luxe Core premium sheet set, or one of five $100 Amazon gift cards.
To further the important messages of Right to Desire, I’m working with the Mom 2.0 organization to host a video contest, where you can share YOUR own take on relationships, sexual health, and HSDD, for the chance to win a Grand Prize of a Louis Vuitton Neverfull handbag and a Brook Linen Luxe Core premium sheet set, or one of five First Prizes — $100 Amazon gift cards. That’s six winners in all!
How to enter: Women have been explained to our whole lives. We’ve been told what we’re doing wrong, why we are the problem, and all the steps we can take to JUST RELAX!
Well, now’s your time to explain things. Record a quick video and share it on Twitter OR Instagram tagging @RightToDesire and using the #RightToDesire and #Womansplain hashtags.
We want to hear from you! We want to hear your explanation of how things really are and how the world really works. Tell us one of three things — you only need to cover one, but if you have a lot to say, go for it, we are listening:
• You have the chance to ‘womansplain’ one thing to your partner about sex. What is it?
• Now that you’ve learned about HSDD, how would you ‘womansplain’ it to other people?
• What do you wish someone would have ‘womansplained’ to you about sex?
So please, womansplain to us! We want to hear what you have to say about this. Grab your camera or phone and let us know.
All eligible entries will be judged on creativity, video and theme (more here). The top six (6) entries will be chosen to receive prizes, with one (1) Grand Prize winner and five (5) First Prize winners being selected by the Sponsor. And once the submissions are in, we’ll compile our favorites and share them with you.
A few more contest notes:
– The contest ends at 11:59pm ET on July 31, 2019. So be sure to submit a video by then.
– If you share on Instagram, it must be an Instagram timeline post, not Instagram Stories.
– Please record horizontally.
– Videos should not exceed three (3) minutes in length.
– If you upload it to YouTube make sure it is set to Public.
– Don’t forget to tag @RightToDesire and use the #RightToDesire and #Womansplain hashtags.
– Winners will be contacted via the handle they used to enter the contest, no later than August 15, 2019.
– All of the official contest rules can be found right here.
Okay. Those are all the details. I’m so excited to see your videos! I can’t wait to hear what’s on your mind. I always love learning from you. Crossing my fingers you win!