This post is sponsored by Warner Bros. Pictures — get your Life of the Party tix for Mother’s Day weekend!
How do you like to handle Mother’s Day gift ideas? Do you pick out something for your Mom and Grandma? And give hints to your kids about what you’d like? : ) Does your spouse take care of the gift for your Mother-in-law? Is gift-giving (and receiving) one of your love languages? Have you already figured out gifts for this year? I tend to favor things like: somebody power-washing the patio furniture (which my kids did while I was in Pasadena!), or a late night movie date with Ben Blair. So this year, I’m thinking a screening of Melissa McCarthy’s new movie, Life of the Party, sounds perfect. It’s in theaters May 11 — that’s Mother’s Day weekend.
The trailer made me laugh — any excuse to cast Melissa McCarthy and Maya Rudolph together is fine by me. The story? When the marriage of Melissa’s character ends, she re-sets her life by going back to college, and embraces the experience like the most enthusiastic college student. Here’s the trailer:
Funny, right? Here are 16 Mother’s Day gift ideas I think you and the ladies in your life will love — and 8 of them are $20 or under.
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas links:
1) Marble Stapler. Or this Vintage Stapler in green (on clearance for $11!).
2) Luxe Fanny Pack by Clare V. Yes, fanny packs are back and I am here for it.
3) Geode Bookends. Click through for tons of colors and sizes.
4) Dalia Sunglasses by Kate Spade. I love the little stripes on the sides.
5) Everything is Fine Note Pad ($9!)
6) Gratitude Baskets. I favor the black and white versions.
7) Life of the Party Movie Tix. You can pre-purchase them now.
8) 100% Cotton Pajamas in pink or blue (on sale for $20!). And you can find them in polkadots too. Confession: I’m wearing the blue striped pair as I type this.
Mother’s Day Gift Idea Links:
9) Upgrade her grooming routine. Bamboo Toothbrush (set of 4 only $11). Plus pretty Marvis Toothpaste.
10) Hunter Moustache Umbrella. Classic and handsome. Click through for lots of colors.
11) Self-watering Glass Bird ($8!). Adorable and practical.
12) Sandia Napkins from Anthropologie. Mix and match all four patterns.
13) Teal Kimono robe. There are a bunch of elegant patterns available.
14) J. Crew Fruit Bowl Earrings. So fun and happy!
15) Jade Roller ($19). I just learned about these face rollers. I’m curious to try them. Here’s one in rose quartz too.
16) PrismaColor Hand Lettering Set ($16). It’s never too late to develop a new skill.
I hope these ideas are helpful. I’d love to hear what you’ve picked out this year for your mother. And I’d also love to hear what you’re craving for Mother’s Day this year.
P.S. — More gift ideas.