It’s really March. I can hardly believe it. And I know St. Patrick’s Day is not a major holiday. But it’s such an easy one to score some parent points with the kids — all you have to do is wear green!
Green is all over the place in stores right now, so if you don’t have any in your closet, I thought I’d help you with a little shopping list. Here is what’s made the list and why:
1. Obsessed with this sweater (on sale!). Spring calls for stripes, don’t you think? (Let’s be honest, every season calls for stripes in my book.)
2. What? A mini-green satchel? Yes, please. For date night. Or those rare days you don’t need a diaper bag/tote bag. (On sale!)
3. Have you tried ONNU nail polish? The best colors.
4. Add your green with a statement necklace. This one’s gorgeous.
5. Cropped + wide leg trousers. They’ll be cute with boots and then take you right into spring.
6. You can tell wrap dresses are universally loved, because this one comes in petite, regular or tall.
7. I love how the sleeves and hem mimic each other. In petite sizes too.
8. That’s a special shade of green on this watch. Like an unusual pastel.
9. Betty Sunglasses. You know you’d wear the heck out of these.
10. I’m such a fan of the socks with chunky heels/sandals look. These would be perfect. Have you been seen this look around?
11. Go peek! This one has a big vertical stripe on the back. It’s super cool. And it looks so wearable. (Plus, it’s on sale!)
12. When I think of getting dressed for St. Patrick’s Day, this is the green I’m picturing myself in.
13. The perfect essential pullover in merino wool (on sale!), and there’s a delicate scallop on the collar that I’m finding irresistible.
14. What about just a little hint of green? Try this mini mascara!
How about you? Seen anything lovely and green that you couldn’t resist lately? Or do you have any green in your closet? Right now, my only green is a Uniqlo cable-knit turtleneck that was actually a hand-me-down from Maude. I think it’s too wintery for Oakland’s March. So that’s shopping for green is on my mind. : )
P.S. — Corned-Beef and Cabbage for your St. Patrick’s Day feast.
Credits: Photo collage and shopping sources by Audrey Moore.