It’s time for gift guide number three and I think it’s my favorite one yet. This is a collection of gifts inspired by Ben Blair. The sort of things he might like. Some are expensive. Others are easily within reach. Some are practical. Others are just for fun. Hopefully this will help you shop for the Ben Blairs (the husbands, brothers, cousins and uncles) in your life.
– Subscription to Wired. At $10, it’s hard to beat this year-long gift.
– Diana F+ Camera. Go old school with a film and flash Diana camera. It looks super hip and takes amazing images through it’s plastic lens.
– Peter Luger Steak by Mail. From our favorite steak house in New York. Hello Manly!
– Chalkboard Carafe. Ben Blair’s preferred drink is fresh-squeezed orange juice. I could serve it up in a chalkboard carafe with a sweet note on the label.
– Post Industrial Globe. Globes are irresistible and this one looks especially cool.
– Readeo Subscription. He travels. He works late. If he has a Readeo subscription he can still read the kids a bedtime story.
– Packhorse Duffel Bag. The entire Packhorse line by Eddie Bauer is excellent. But the duffel is my favorite.
– Goal & Wish Clipboards. Help him map out his future.
– Mad Scientist Blocks. Even grown men like a good toy. These blocks feature all 26 letters of the alphabet. F is for Freezeray. Q is for Quantum Physics. Z is for Zombies.
– Jambox Speaker. This small speaker produces great big sound. In several colors, and totally portable, it gets rave reviews by everyone.
– Cormia Leather Slippers. Handmade in Canada, they have a simple profile and will keep the crumbs off his feet during midnight snack forays.
– Urban Rocking Chair. He loves to snuggle up with the kiddos and this manly, wideset rocking chair is the perfect place. In five colors.
– Framed Giglee Comic Book Print. We have this Spiderman print hanging in Ralph’s room. It is really good-looking. And there are tons of other choices.
– Giant Wall Clock. He has a boring office. A huge 42″ wall clock will un-boring it.
– Go Pro Helmet Camera. Skiing, long-boarding, mountain biking. They’re all cooler if you’re filming the action as you go.
– Recycled Glass Head. Put it on his dresser so he’ll have a place to hang his fedora.
– Tretorn Skymra Sneakers. Retro styling in modern materials. The dark color is ideal for a winter sneaker.
– Stanley Classic Thermos. Fill this with something warm for the next football or hockey game. Stanley actually has an entire line of great looking classic thermoses in red, vintage green and silver. Even a cool lunchbox. (Bonus for me: Stanley is my maiden name.)