Alright, Book Lovers. I know I’m not unique in saying that reading is one of my great pleasures, though I have been awful at making time for it lately.
But have a flight to D.C. today, and I’ve been making a list of possible options that I can read on the plane. This is what I’ve narrowed it down to:
1) The Steve Jobs biography. Ben Blair read it and loved it when it first came out and it’s been on my list ever since.
2) Angela’s Ashes. I still can’t believe I’ve never read this. I’ve heard I need to be in certain emotional state to handle it.
3) The Girl Who Fell From The Sky. I don’t know much about this one, just that it was recommended to me by someone I trust.
4) The Handmaid’s Tale. This is another one where I sort of shake my head at myself that I haven’t read it yet.
5) David Sedaris’ Children Playing Before a Statue of Hercules. I’ve read a ton of his work, but not this one, and I wanted something on the list that I knew would make me laugh.
Now I’m off to the airport, and very much looking forward to it. There’s nothing better than reading a great book on a cross-country flight! Before I head out, I’d love your opinions on my narrowed down flight reading list. What do you think of the picks? Have you already read them? Any that you would start with? Or avoid completely? And what are you reading lately?