Hello, Friends. How are you? Did you have a good week? I felt like I was running a day behind all week long. Does that ever happen to you? When Friday morning arrived I could not have been more surprised. Hah! Any plans this weekend? My hope is to keep things pretty low-key. Maybe I’ll organize the storage loft. Work on the laundry. Try and tackle my inbox. That all sounds really appealing to me at that moment.
How about you? If you’re in the mood for some good reading, I have a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Have you ever heard of Oumuamua? It’s an object being studied that originated outside our solar system. I found this article super interesting.
– Americans vastly under-estimate inequality in the U.S., particularly racial disparities. They guess that black Americans are 80% as wealthy as white Americans. In fact, blacks are just 5% as wealthy as whites.
– Stunning. Japanese artist Kumi Yamashita winds a single black thread around a grid of nails on a wooden board to create intricate portraits.
– Eat the rich. (NYT)
– Woman with rare medical condition unable to hear men’s voices.
– What it’s like to live with a chronic urge to die.
– “I worked in the Justice Department. I hope its lawyers won’t give Trump an alibi.” (WP)
– How victorian women kept those fancy dresses clean.
– Five pretty things to make with the kids this winter.
– This collection of weird candles made me laugh. Would you want any of these?
– Dog food made with insects will hit the shelves in UK supermarkets this week. Is this something you’d consider for your pets?
– Wait. What? There’s a documentary where all that happens is Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Joan Plowright, and Eileen Atkins have tea and gossip. Sign me up, please.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I misses you already.