Hello, Friends. How are you? I’m waving from New York! I flew here on Tuesday and I’m flying back to California today. I shot the photo above from my hotel room. Not a bad view. : ) Have you had a good week?
Our four youngest kids started school on Monday, so that was the big event at our house this week. And Ralph gets home 2 weeks from yesterday!
I love being back in New York. My trips here are always a wonderful mix of meeting up with old friends, parties and social events, and professional appointments. I end up feeling productive, but also touristy. This is for sure my favorite city in the world. Even in crazy hot August.
I’m off to a happy last day here, but before I go, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– The outpouring of love for Aretha Franklin (and heartbreak that she is gone) is beautiful. I love every single picture, tribute, and essay. I hope they keep coming.
– In search of ‘objectivity,’ bigotry gets amplified again and again.
– This essay argues that in 2018, Jocks Rule, Nerds Drool. Do you agree? (NYT)
– Lots of discussion this week about Twitter trying to make its community safer. Slate says focusing on dehumanization is too vague.
– The New York Times Magazine says Twitter is misguided in its attempt to become a forum for everything. If you were in charge of Twitter, how would you deal with free speech issues?
– Feeling back-to-school vibes? Tips for your kids on setting up their study space.
– It seems like all my favorite earrings lately are from J.Crew. (They’re having a 30% sale right now.)
– I had no idea about this, but apparently there are tens of thousands of adoptees living their entire lives in American without citizenship.
– Who wants to play Hoophop Showdown with me?
– American’s trees are mysteriously moving west.
– A timeline showing the entire history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
I hope you have a fantastic August weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.