Waving hello from Utah! Yesterday, me, Ben Blair, and the four youngest kids drove across California, across Nevada, and halfway across Utah, on a 12.5 hour road trip. We’re here for our niece Amber’s wedding, which takes place on Saturday. I haven’t been to Utah in quite awhile, and seeing the familiar mountains feels good.
It’s just a short trip — we’ll drive back on Sunday. But we’re happy as can be that we get to see lots of family and friends while we’re here.
We have one more week of summer left before the first day of school, so we’re trying to make the most of every last day. Next week, I’m looking forward to one-on-one back to school shopping dates with the kids.
What are you up to this weekend? Anything making you smile? Looking for good links? I’ve got them! Here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
– Still thinking about this one. When having (or not having) sex becomes yet another way to fail as a woman.
– This story is nuts. Remember the McDonalds Monopoly game during the 90s? Turns out a mob boss hoarded all the winning game pieces for 12 years.
– Turning Hoover Dam into a vast reservoir of excess electricity. Have you ever seen the Dam in real life? It’s amazing. (NYT)
– Sign up here and you’ll get election reminders, so you never miss a chance to vote.
– When Americans say they believe in God, what do they mean?
– The history of the #ownthelibs meme.
– In 2010, art dealer Forrest Fenn hid a treasure chest filled with artifacts, gold, and jewels in the Rocky Mountains. He published a poem with nine clues about the location. No one has found it yet.
– Remembering the #yesallwomen discussion from 2014.
– Facebook and Instagram are introducing an option for setting self-imposed time limits. Thoughts? Would this work for you? (WP)
– I use this purple hair masque when I feel like my hair is starting to yellow. I don’t have much hair so it lasts a long time. : )
– When a stranger decides to destroy your life.
– The 100 Best TV Episodes of the Century.
I hope you have a happy weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Carwash!