Hello Friends. How are you? Did you have a good week? We are at the tail end of our spring break. It’s mostly been me and the 3 youngest — Oscar, Betty and June. We were thinking about taking a little road trip as a finale to our week, but got discouraged because lots of rain is on the schedule for every spot within a few hours of our house. So instead, I searched for a good deal on a hotel in the city (a hotel with an indoor pool!), and we’re spending a few days in San Francisco. Don’t laugh, but with only four of us, we just need one hotel room, so it feels like a bargain. : )
We’re already having a great time. We checked in yesterday afternoon, then went straight to the Exploratorium, then walked to the Ferry Building for ice cream, then went to a movie. We’re on the 20th floor of the hotel and we woke up today to a foggy, rainy view of the city. It’s gorgeous!
As soon as I hit publish on this, we’ll make our plans for today, and we’ll head back home tomorrow. But before I shut my laptop, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– I’m a female chef. Here’s how my restaurant dealt with harassment from customers. (WP)
– This made me laugh. Has he really not heard Bust A Move in 22 years?
– Gun Culture Is My Culture. And I Fear for What It Has Become. (NYT)
– Women describing themselves as a male writer would.
– How the not-bro tech companies are quietly thriving.
– A handy chart that automatically generates a pitch for your new novel.
– Tried another pillow and I think we have a winner. We ordered one 2-pack, and loved them so much we ordered enough for all the kids beds. Machine washable and the price is excellent.
– There is nothing wrong with your house. Thoughts?
– Why the world is better than we think.
– A new government report finds racial bias in school discipline. (NYT)
– “I wanted to take a huge bet on myself. If we win, I win the most. But the reason I do that is because if we lose, I lose the most.”
– A typeface that’s legible to anyone with sight, but its skeleton is based upon the bumps of braille.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.