Hello, Friends. How are you? Was it a good week? I’m in conference zone at the moment. I’m writing this from the Watermark Conference in San Jose. And I’m headed to Palm Springs this evening, because Altitude Summit starts on Monday. So excited!!! Will any of you be there?
My daughter Olive helped me pack last night and I was so grateful. I haven’t had much time to prep and she graciously loaned me several things from her closet to supplement my suitcase. Plus, she took notes while I tried things on so I would remember what accessories to pair with what outfits. Gosh I like my kids.
I’m going to jump right into links today. I’ve got a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– This is how I get through my hardest to-do lists. Micro-Progress and the Magic of Just Getting Started. (NYT)
– When choosing what’s best for your kids means choosing something worse for other people’s kids.
– Love this feature on my friend Jihan Zencirli and her spectacular balloon art. Are you in NYC? Her work is currently on display at the New York Ballet.
– The Rules of the Gun Debate. “An estimated 380,000 weapons a year vanish into a secondary unchecked market where anybody can buy them, no background checks. This is not a design flaw. It is the design.”
– Related, the NRA has blocked gun violence research for 20 years.
– I started using this makeup remover a few months ago and I adore it. I love the way it makes my skin feel.
– The problem is not that we need a slightly better Facebook, it’s that Facebook is too powerful in the first place.
– “One of the most important charts about the economy this century.” Remember the link I shared last Friday about wiping out student loans? If you consider yourself to be against that idea, does this chart change your mind at all?
I hope you have an amazing weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. And I’ll meet some of you in person in Palm Springs! I miss you already.