Hi Friends. How is everyone doing? Feeling emotionally bruised this week?
In sad news, it seems like callousness regarding school shootings is on the rise. I’m seeing more and more comments along the lines of: well, this is just the price we pay for our second amendment rights. You can find more discussion here.
In happy news, Ben Blair and I went to a late showing (as in 10:35 PM) of Black Panther last night. It’s a really good movie. And if you feel connected to Oakland, it’s especially fun. I can’t wait to take our teens.
In other happy news, we’re headed to San Diego this weekend to celebrate the 30th wedding anniversary of my sister Rachel and my brother-in-law Paul. No school on Monday so it will hopefully be a happy 3-day weekend.
How about you? How are you doing? How was your week?
By the way, I’ve got a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– What would happen if we cancelled everyone’s student loan debt?
– Hah! Reality show pitches for your literary friend.
– Mormons want to save the Republican party’s soul. But is it too late?
– Apparently adult acne is now I think I’m dealing with? I’m going to order this light tool and see if it helps.
– 3 lessons of revolutionary love in a time of rage.
– A crowd-sourced list of simple and inexpensive self care and mental health boosts.
– Believing Rob Porter makes the world seem less scary.
– The only variable that can explain the high rate of mass shootings in America is its astronomical number of guns. (NYT)
I hope you have a happy weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.