Hello, Friends. How are you? Was it a good week at your house? Our big event was celebrating Oscar’s 13th birthday. I can hardly believe it. Little Oscar is a teenager? How is that possible? Here are a few Oscar highlights that made me smile this week: This report of Oscar turning three (a decade ago when we lived in New York!). Oscar in second grade when we lived in France. Nine-year-old Oscar making a swing all by himself when we first moved to Oakland (it’s an Olive Us video and I’ll embed the video at the bottom of this post). Oscar sharing his school clothes for 7th grade this past fall.
It was also the first week back to school, and I have to say it felt good getting our family back on a regular schedule, and for me to have a full work week. One more thing on my mind this weekend, is that Maude’s next semester at Berkeley starts on Monday. She’s still finessing her class schedule, and we have a few errands to run before she moves back into the dorms this weekend. I’m having so many flashbacks to my own freshman year!
Before we go tackle Maude’s list, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– “Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has a net worth of about $100 billion. Take that down to $99.5 billion and nobody working at any Amazon facility in America would need assistance to eat.”
– Sarah Silverman’s response to a Twitter troll.
– A school asked 50 men to stand in for absent fathers at an event, and 600 showed up.
– A whole bunch of my friends on Facebook are raving about how good this dark circle makeup — and it’s only $6! I’m going to try it. If you do, let me know what you think.
– The Super Mario Bros song on marimba. So good.
– Catherine Deneuve doesn’t speak for France, or feminism.
– Famous names.
– This family renovated an old school bus to be both a solar-powered home and a hostel.
– Serena Williams had to talk her hospital staff through saving her life.
– “Plastic Ocean” is an ongoing series by Thirza Schaap. Her compositions and palettes are beautiful, her supplies are tragic.
– Facebook users, new changes to your feed are coming. What do you think? Thumbs up?
I hope you have a terrific weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.