Hello, Friends! How are you doing? Did you have a Merry Christmas? Are you enjoying this week as a holiday break? Or were you back to work on Tuesday? We’re definitely in Holiday Break mode at our house. We’ve tackled some house projects. We’ve slept in. We’ve watched lots of movies. We’ve cooked together, run errands together, played music together. And I’ve barely touched my laptop and phone. It’s been a heavenly break. And happily, the kids get one more week off of school!
As usual, I have tons on my mind as the year comes to a close. I LOVE thinking about the new year and what I want to accomplish. I love making goals and resolutions. I’m working on a post with all my big plans for 2018, and I for sure want your input. So watch for that next week (next year!). But today, I thought I would write up a final Friday link list to close out 2017.
– Men worry being eco-friendly will make them seem girly.
– I bought silver oxfords from Banana Republic during an after-Christmas sale. The display pair — last ones in the store. And now they have rose gold ones that I like even more. Hah!
– How do you feel about party loyalty these days?
– Where do you turn when you can’t use usual options to raise funds for your hate group?
– For Christmas, I gave Ben Blair this stove-top griddle. We’ve used it 10 times already this week. Also, Ben and Oscar are at a snow campout this weekend with Oscar’s scout troop. We can’t wait to hear their report.
– Another study confirms racial resentment was the key factor in last year’s election.
– My friend Hannah reads every issue of the New Yorker cover-to-cover every week. For real. Here is her writeup of their best articles of the year.
– I LOVE your comments responding to my thoughts on Mary & Joseph. I’m still hoping to respond to more of them. Thank you for the thoughtful conversation. Related, you might enjoy this beautiful essay.
I hope you have the BEST New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day ever! I’ll meet you back here next week. I miss you already.
P.S. — New Year’s Eve Creme Brulée.