What a fun day! This morning I helped with the Kindergarten Halloween Party — I helped at the stick-the-face-on-the-ghost game table. In a few minutes, I’m off to get Maude’s hair done for the Middle School Halloween Dance. She’s going as Mrs. Frankenstein. (It’s her first dance. Eeeek!)
Then tonight, our church is hosting a Chili Cookoff and Trunk-or-Treat. Ben Blair is concocting a new chili recipe, which I’m sure will be super yummy. We’ll work on the trunk when the kids get home from school.
I haven’t had a chance to get all the kids in costume at once yet, but it will happen this evening, so I’ll be sure to take lots of photos and post them this weekend. In the meantime, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– Some of the coolest wallpapers for kids I’ve come across.
– Remember that amazing felt wall globe? Well, now you can get a kit to make your own.
– An eyechart pillow.
– Mr. MadMen.
– Wow! These toys.
I write a daily post for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here are this week’s posts:
– When I was growing up, we had a You Are Special Today plate tradition.
– It’s not a costume, but it is a gorgeous Little Red Riding Hood dress.
– Still dying over this Rhinoceros Lightbox.
– What do you think of new baby gear inventions?
– I want a baby pod! Seriously cute stuff.
I hope you have a wonderful Halloween! We’ll be carving our pumpkins on Sunday afternoon. I’m looking forward to it. I’ll see you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — The images are of some of our Halloween decorations around the house. So festive!