Hello, Friends! How are you? Can you believe it’s already August? Maude starts orientation at Berkeley on the 15th. I think I’m in denial. Everything is moving so fast this summer. It’s like a blur.
What about you? Was it a good week? Anything you’re looking forward to this weekend? I think ours will be pretty laid back, with the highlight being: Oscar gets back from scout camp tomorrow. I can’t wait to get him home.
I’ve got a whole bunch of really good links for you this week. Here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
– Woah. A birth control app that’s as effective as the pill but only uses mathematics.
– I really enjoyed this interview with Aziz Ansari. (Did you watch Season 2 of Master of None? It’s soooo good).
– The difference between sparkling water and seltzer.
– For a week, he replied “call me” to every email he received.
– An illustrator gives an example of de-objectifying women in comics.
– Why it’s worse to be sick in certain states.
– There were only 6 questions on the first U.S. Census.
– Have a woman on your executive team? You’ll get less funding.
– Let black kids just be kids. (NYT)
– Melinda Gates on breastfeeding — it’s natural, but it sure ain’t easy.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.