Hello, Friends. How are you? Did you make it to the weekend without too much drama? We had a BIG shoot at our house today, and I’m feeling great about wrapping it up. The weekend is going to feel so good! There are two main things on our schedule. On Saturday, the whole family is spending the day on the set-up crew for Color Factory.
Color Factory is happening in San Francisco — just off of Union Square — and it launches on August 1st. It’s an amazing new endeavor by my sister Jordan (creator of Oh Happy Day) and her team. A huge building (pictured above) full of color experiences, and it’s only happening for a limited time. We’ve been able to see some sneak peeks and this thing is next level cool, I’m telling you. Tickets went on sale yesterday. They’re getting grabbed up like crazy, so definitely get yours now if you want to go.
Anyway. As I mentioned, helping out on Color Factory set-up is happening on Saturday, and then 4 of the kids (Maude, Olive, Oscar & Betty), are flying to Utah on Sunday so they can attend our family’s annual Cousin’s Week. They could not be more excited about it.
Our house is going to feel so strange next week!
And now, without further delay, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– Real men might get made fun of. (NYT)
– Made me laugh! How to talk to your teen about colluding with Russia.
– And made me laugh even harder! This press release and website for Cards Against Humanity For Her.
– Nest Founder: “I wake up in cold sweats every so often thinking, what did we bring to the world?”
– Why do we think poor people are poor because of their own bad choices?
– How I stopped checking my phone and started using it with intention.
– How the President got her to finally come out to her dad.
– Science has consistently underestimated women because scientists are sexist.
– Esther Perel’s TED talk on why people cheat. Thanks, Niki.
– I’m a month into owning a cast iron skillet and feeling very good about my life.
– I’m really enjoying this series by Karen Walrond called The Next Fifty Needs More.
I hope your weekend is the BEST. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.