Hello, Friends. How are you? Are you looking forward to the holiday weekend? Maybe traveling so you can gather with family? Perhaps an egg hunt? A visit from the Easter Bunny?
I’ll be dyeing eggs with the kids this weekend. (Ten years ago we made this version using hole punches and decoupage. They might still be my favorites.) And our church is hosting a simple egg hunt for the kids too. I know we’re all looking forward to it a family weekend.
Next week, I’ll be in Mexico for a work trip — a work trip that will hopefully include some sunshine too! So I’m also prepping for that. I may need to pick up a sundress or two before I pack up. But before I do that, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Powerful. Superbabies don’t cry.
– Feeding my wig reseach. A fascinating profile of one of the last wigmakers in New York City. (NYT)
– Pretty rainbow jello — three flavors make the whole color spectrum.
– A new ad campaign from Microsoft, which attempts to encourage girls to seek out STEM degrees, is making people really mad. This is why.
– Book Mooch. For trading books. Have you ever tried it? I’m curious.
– Use this when a nightstand won’t work. Such a smart solution for bunkbeds or tight spaces.
– Here’s How Frequently Women Supreme Court Justices Are Interrupted by Men.
– A fun interview with my sister Jordan by Teen Vogue.
– Awful. Are you following what’s happening in Chechnya? They’re calling it a concentration camp for homosexuals.
– The biggest employer in each state.
– Hah! This dad photoshops his baby in dangerous situations just to get a rise out of people.
I hope you have the best weekend ever. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Homesick for European Easter candy.