Hello, Friends. How are you? How was your week? Our spring break started today, which means the kids are home and everyone is feeling celebratory. Today’s project: Our family room has been a wreck for ages because of some big projects, and while we’re all home, I’ve vowed to put it back together.
Our spring break plans include heading to Monterey for the weekend. It’s just a little getaway, but I’m really looking forward to it. And lucky Olive is going to Mexico for a week with a family she babysits for. They have 3 young kids and she’ll be helping out on their vacation.
I need to help her pack (and run to the store for a new swimsuit), but before I go, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– When black people were hooked on crack our nation turned it into a crime. Now white people are hooked on heroin/opioids and we’re calling it a crisis.
– Laughing so hard! Ten things you never knew you wanted (but now you absolutely need).
– It’s for real. A reality show about crafting, hosted by Amy Poehler.
– This reporter discusses y home state of Utah as the most upwardly mobile state. Is it just the religion? Or is it replicable?
– To the wives who did all the typing.
– Too much screen time is today’s smoking.
– Convert your handwriting into a font.
– Earbuds that translate languages in real time.
– I haven’t tried Facebook’s new political feature yet. Have you had a chance?
Two posts from a decade ago that I had forgotten about, but are still super relevant:
– Summer vacation is coming. Here’s an easy way to use the time to strengthen sibling relationships.
– Is my child too young to start piano lessons?
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I hope the weather is gorgeous and you have a chance to get outside. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.