Hello, Friends. Happy Friday! How was your week? Were your kids in school, or still on holiday? It seems like it was a bit of strange week calendar wise. Tuesday felt a bit like the first official day back, but really Monday the 9th will be the first day back for many people — and then we’re practically halfway through the month!
Any weekend plans? I’m hearing lots of talk about big storms this weekend across the country. Here in the Bay Area, the concern is all about flooding, but I know snow and super low temperatures are worries in other places. I’m wishing everyone a cozy weekend with a well-stocked fridge! I hope you stay safe, and warm, and dry.
The major event for me this weekend is a big interior photo shoot — and of course, I’m wondering what the light will be like. Crossing my fingers we can get some good, not-too-gloomy shots. : )
Here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you.It was a good week as far as internet links go. As usual, I’d love to hear your thoughts!:
– Such a cool thinking tool. Invert! Always Invert! Thanks, Laurie.
– The breast pump, reinvented.
– Women’s bodies in art, and how women are taught about the male gaze.
– Hah! A selection of the most disappointing 30 under 30. (And I fully understand we could make a similar list for over 30 too!)
– Roachland. Heavy and beautiful.
– Why characters always drink milk in movies.
– How we make our lives harder than they need to be.
– Washing machines in schools up attendance. I love stuff like this. Small changes that make big improvements.
– I want to be a superager. (NYT)
– Whole milk? Or 1%? The case against low-fat milk.
– This little first date story made me smile.
– Leather made from pineapples.
I hope you have a really good weekend despite any storms. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.