Hello, Friends. How are you? Are you enjoying this in-between week? Are you traveling? Trying to stay warm? Counting down the days until the kids go back to school? It’s been a good, low-key week at our house. Lots of movie watching, baking, and we finally shot our what-to-wear-to-school photos! It only took me 4 months to do the back to school shopping. : )
One out-of-the-ordinary thing: at yesterday’s hair appointment (I needed a trim), I asked my stylist to dye my hair blue. Like electric blue! I need to take a proper photo, but if you’d like to see a peek, check out my Instagram story (@designmom). Initial thoughts on the change: it’s more of a purple-blue than a blue-blue (and I was going for a blue-blue), and as usual, I love trying something new with my hair.
The other thing on my mind is New Year’s Eve…
Our NYE plans include a fabulous party thrown by my sister, Jordan, but I’ve somehow managed to come down with laryngitis and have totally lost my voice. So I’m not sure if I should even go. The idea of a gathering of smart, interesting people, where I can’t join the conversation, is like torture to me. Hah! Hoping for a quick voice recovery. If I ended up staying home, you can bet I’ll be eating Creme Brulée. How about you?
I’m trying to do some email catch-up today, so I’m going to sign off now, but before I go, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– The invisible workload of thinking: “It’s just that her willingness to do it allows everyone else the freedom not to.”
– This song is proven to reduce anxiety by 65%. Does it work for you?
– Blew my mind. The mysterious virus that could cause obesity.
– Rock-balancing art. This video is so captivating. (And the website too!)
– A poem I came across this week (and keep thinking about) called Good Bones.
– The Phenomenon of ‘Bud Sex’ Between Straight Rural Men. Lots to unpack here. Would love your thoughts on this one.
– Becoming Ugly. I found this writing powerful.
– Your 28 day cycle in 2 minutes.
– Self-control is just empathy with your future self.
– Hah! This is what happens when you reply to spam email.
– Photos of the Time Square Ball Drop throughout history.
I hope you have a festive holiday weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already. Happy New Year!