Hello, Friends! How was your week? Are any of you starting the holiday break this weekend? My kids don’t have school next week, so we sent off teacher gifts today and had our Christmas party for Seminary today too.
Have I told you we hold a scripture-study group (we call it Seminary), for the teens in our church, at 6:30 in the morning in our living room? We have about 20 kids attend from 4 or 5 different high schools in the area. The kids come to our house for two weeks, then meet at the church for two weeks with another teacher, and switch back and forth throughout the year. We love having them in our home! But boy, it’s early. I really feel for them and have to fight against the instinct to tuck them all back into bed. For the party this morning, we had a hot cocoa bar, monkey bread, and a silly gift exchange. I think the most memorable gift was a t-shirt that said: Jesus Loves You, but I’m His Favorite. : )
Anyway, it’s definitely feeling like holiday break time at our house. Maude gets home on Tuesday and I think we’re looking forward to that as much as we are to Christmas! I’m off to the post office for some gift shipping, but before I go, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– Here’s the live broadcast I did from the thredUP warehouse yesterday. It was really fun! They asked me to describe my style, and then they picked out items for me, and we hunted them down in the massive warehouse — you’ve got to see the cashmere dress! Plus I answered a bunch of questions from viewers. New customers can use code DESIGN40 to get 40% off (maximum discount of $50). That’s a HUGE discount. Code expires 12/23 so get shopping. Also, there are still some big prizes up for grabs:
THREE commenters will each win $150 to shop at thredUP! Leave a comment on the video post telling me which piece they found for me is your favorite and why. And ONE person who shares the broadcast will win $300 from thredUP!
– He moves like water. I could watch this all day.
– Since the election, more than 4500 women have signed up to run for office. Are you one of them?
– Have you been hearing the word hygge lately?
– How investing in pre-schools beats the stock market.
– What happens after you design the life of your own making.
– Husband-wife journalists and online harassment.
– The world’s first completely soft robot.
– A new directory of female illustrators.
– Have you ordered holiday cards yet? I’m running behind so I ordered New Year’s cards. Ours turned out kind of serious/sober-looking and then I saw this article from my friend Mariam, and learned that apparently, it’s a trend this year. Related, remember this video we made?
– Strategies for kicking a sugar addiction.
I hope you have a gorgeous December weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. —Some (small) happy news: The scrolling issue with the header on the new design should be fixed now. Hooray! Please let me know if you are still seeing other bugs with the new format. I truly appreciate it and want to make sure the site is easy to use and a pleasure to read.