Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello Friends. How are you? Looking forward to the weekend? I have zero weekend plans and I’m glad. Ben Blair will be at a Blockchain conference and I’m hoping to catch up on some work. We’ll probably tackle the Halloween costumes and wash the car too. Not very glamorous, but I don’t mind.
But I do have one fun thing to tell you about. You know my Random Thoughts posts? Well, yesterday, I attempted to do something similar on Facebook Live. I made a little list of topics that have been on my mind and then started the video and just talked and talked. You can watch it here if you’re curious.
I was very nervous right before it started and asked Ben to give me a pep talk. Sometimes when I’m trying something new, those critical voices in my head just want to take over and shut everything down. But the feedback has been really good and I’m so glad I did it. Let me know what you think. I’d like to do more of these. Maybe once a week? We’ll see. And if you have topics you’d like me to cover, definitely let me know.
And now, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– “Only white people,” said the little girl.
– The open office trend is destroying the workplace.
– Me and 6 other Mormon women were interviewed in New York Magazine.
– Do stars have consciousness? (Stars as in the night sky, not the movie variety.)
– 10 TED talks on modern feminism. Add them to your playlist.
– If you’re not in the mood to dress up for Halloween, perhaps this ghost manicure will appeal.
– This is what work-life balance looks like at a company with 100% retention of moms.
– Raise your hand if you’ll be watching Hamilton on PBS tonight. (Olive is going to a viewing party at her friend’s house.)
– Sweet love note from Canada to America. Did anyone else cry when they saw this? It totally made me tear up.
– Emily McDowell’s Everyday Bravery pins. I think I need to keep a pouch full of these in my handbag, and then give them out as I run my errands.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I hope October is gorgeous where you live! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.