Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. How are you? How was your week? I had particularly challenging work week, and I’m glad it’s Friday. I’ll likely end up working through the weekend too. Not ideal, but it happens sometimes. And there’s something nice about getting a bunch of work done while my inbox is quiet.
Are you on Hurricane Mathew watch? The devastation in Haiti is absolutely heartbreaking. We are supporters of Haiti Partners and have been glued to their updates. (If you want to help, please donate here.)
Anything on your mind for this weekend? One thing we’ll be working on is Olive’s (belated) birthday party. It’s next week, and she requested an Etiquette Dinner, which I think is such a cute idea. But I haven’t been to an etiquette dinner since I was Olive’s age, and I need to brush up on the “rules”. Do you have a favorite etiquette guide?
Here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– All 339 books referenced in Gilmore Girls.
– Dark humor about a hard thing: Congrats on your first online rape threat.
– “If you look into the eyes of a person you discriminate against, or you think is so different than you that they deserve less rights than you, it becomes almost impossible to deny their humanity.”
– Why we need to bring back vocational training to schools.
– Cool perspective drawing hack.
– In the mood to cry your eyes out? One last thing before I go.
– How to land an interview (hint: bring donuts).
– Is married life without kids fulfilling?
– “When you get the chance… print.”
– Advocating shorter emails, no greetings, no sign offs. What’s your take?
– The western hemisphere currently has no wars.
– Can’t stop staring at these portraits.
– Related, a fashion student designs helpful clothes to be worn by refugees.
I hope you have a really good weekend. I hope you stay safe and connected. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.