Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you? I have been traveling so I’m writing this from a hotel room. I was in Palm Springs for a couple of days, making a venue visit for Alt Summit (which is going to be SO GOOD!), and then I flew to Salt Lake City, so I could speak at the Dialogue Conference this morning. I had such a great time! I was on a panel with Meg Conley and Courtney Kendrick Clark and Michael Austin, moderated by Molly Bennion. We were talking about pressing social issues and I brought up the UN’s Global Goals, which I find really inspiring, and I ended with one of my favorite poems from Rilke. The conference is going all day and it’s free, so if you are near Utah Valley University, you can totally check it out. I fly back this afternoon and I’ll be spending the rest of the day at Brit & Co’s Make.
How has your week been going? Anything exciting on your schedule for the weekend? My big goal is to get our closet fixtures installed tomorrow. I’m really looking forward to it. An organizing project sounds absolutely dreamy at the moment. I’m sure we’ll be pulling out our Halloween box tomorrow as well. Can you believe it’s really October? I could not be more shocked by that fact.
It’s time to check out, so I better get to my list. Here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– A new program to help kids avoid drug abuse is showing great promise. It involes the 4 traits that put kids most at risk for addiction. (NYT)
– Are we headed to a time when we won’t need antibiotics?
– This house costs just $20,000, but it’s nicer than all of ours.
– Five lionesses grow manes and start acting like males.
– The 4 responses you’ll probably hear when talking about #BlackLivesMatter.
– Secrets of people with all the time in the world.
– Have you heard of the Golden Record?
– He suggested that women in tech should use their initials online (to obscure their gender), but got a ton of pushback.
– Earbuds that translate languages. (Did you ever read Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy? It’s like a Bable Fish!)
I hope you have a terrific weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.