Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. How are you? How was your week? I have so much to tell you, but very little space in my day at the moment to write it all out. As you know, we sent Ralph off on Tuesday (and I still have thoughts about that to share), but our prep work isn’t done yet. I have some news I haven’t even told you about: Maude is moving to Paris — and she leaves on Monday!
Maude is an amazing person, and I’m super excited for her — I think she’s going to LOVE her time in that gorgeous city. Her already independent nature is sure to flourish. But as you can imagine, our collective family heart is bursting with the double-whammy of sending off two people we love so much.
Maude’s opportunity came up fast, I’m still wrapping my head around it. I promise I will tell you all about it, but right now, I’ve got a daughter to spend time with, and a packing list to tackle. So I’m going to leave you now with a few things I’ve wanted to share, and then tell you more next week:
– A mesmerizing mini-documentary about the war on drugs.
– The conspiracy behind your glasses. I had no idea this was a thing!
– Scroll the date slider to see when fall foliage will peak across the country.
– Though-provoking photos of people who live alone in the wilderness.
– The free-time paradox in America.
– New York City vs. San Francisco. Having lived in both places, I found this funny and true.
– Related: San Francisco becomes the first city to ban the sale of plastic bottles.
– 17 statistics about our shopping habits.
– 50 years ago, the sugar industry paid off scientists to put blame on fat.
– A strategy to help women amplify their voices in male-dominated spaces.
– Litterbugs publicly shamed using portraits created from their DNA.
– Best thing I read all week. A text conversation between mom and daughter about buying tampons.
I hope you have a delightful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.