Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you? How was your week? My social media feeds are still filled with back to school images, and it sounds like by next week, pretty much everyone will officially be back in class. How are you feeling about that? Is it good to get back on a fall schedule? Are you sad summer is leaving? I think of Labor Day Weekend as the official end of summer and I’m hoping to make the most of it!
On my mind for the weekend: One of my very best friends from high school, Robyn Davie, is coming into town with her teens. We’re going to a Tame Impala concert, and we’ll hit some favorite tourist spots too. I’ll also be focusing a chunk of time on mission shopping for Ralph. Today we’re going to tackle suits and shoes. Very exciting! We’re told that in Colombia he won’t be driving and he won’t be riding a bike, but that he’ll do a ton of walking. So we need to find some really good shoes that will hold up. (He leaves on September 13th. That’s essentially 10 days away!)
I’ve got to step away from my desk now, but before I go, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– As you suspected, dogs understand your tone of voice.
– Elizabeth Smart is working to tear down the purity culture. So important.
– David Lynch on where great ideas come from.
– Research shows, it all comes down to this: be nice.
– How Nextdoor reduced racism on their app.
– The last generation to remember life before the internet.
– Do you know anyone with a deeply sensitive personality? Or maybe you have one?
– The best time to start blogging is now.
– Have any of you tried this? Using a dryer sheet to clean pots and pans.
– Stop blaming the wife for her husband’s epic fail.
– You may want to start working at Target after reading this. Or you may want to find the author and try to be best friends.
I hope you have a terrific weekend. (For those in the U.S. I hope it’s a spectacular, end-of-summer long weekend.) I’ll meet you back here next week. I miss you already.