By Gabrielle. Photo by Levon Biss.
Hello, Friends! How are you doing? Has it been a good week? We are ramping up for one of those mega weekends that happen from time to time at our house. Things that are on my family’s mind: An AP test today for Maude, and a track meet too. Ralph’s final papers of the semester due this afternoon. Betty getting home from 4th grade sleepaway camp. Mormon Prom on Saturday night, followed by a gathering (that will likely turn into a slumber party) at our house. Cousin’s sleepover at the Stanley’s house. Lots of rain. June’s birthday on Saturday. Mother’s Day on Sunday. And Betty’s birthday on Monday.
That’s a lot of things. Wish us luck! And I should note, though most of the items on our schedule didn’t have the option of rescheduling, we did move the birthday parties for June and Betty till next Saturday. More on that next week. : )
In the meantime, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
– A video from Elon Musk — what would it take to power the whole U.S. with solar energy?
– The white wall controversy.
– 4 men with 4 very different incomes.
– Stop saying “I feel like”. (NYT)
– I want to study the detail in these photos.
– It’s an ad about flying with babies. Made me cry. I feel like I’ve mentally blocked the memories of our most challenging flights.
– What pain are you willing to have in your life?
– Intersectionality: Boundaries, Bathrooms, and Black Lives.
– This history of the Billboard charts is endlessly fascinating to me. I listened to 3 decades of the music with the kids last night. So much nostalgia!
– Loving the at-home manufacturing trend. FormBox looks cool!
– Loved this interview with Ben Silbermann of Pinterest. Such a good guy!
– Hah! Obituaries my mother wrote for me.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll be thinking of you and hoping that you have a sweet Mother’s Day, or are able to ignore it altogether. : ) I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Knowing we likely won’t be able to fit in a date this weekend, Ben Blair and I are thinking about playing hooky from work today and hitting a matinee. I don’t know if we’ll make it happen, but just the thought is bringing a big smile to my face.