Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. How are you? Was it a good week? Will it be a good weekend? For me, it’s been a good week. Lots of projects marked off the list, and some solid time connecting with friends and family — I even got to meet the amazing designer and author, India Hicks, at the gorgeous home pictured above. There’s actually a ton on my mind at the moment that I’d love to discuss with you, so I’m working on a Random Thoughts post and will share it next week.
As for the weekend, Ben Blair is out of town — he’s presenting at the Mormon Transhumanist Association Conference on Saturday. So I’m thinking I’ll stick around the Treehouse, and concentrate on making myself an ambitious list of at-home projects. I want to tackle the windows (we have a ton, and we’re overdue for a cleaning), and work on some Craig’s List outdoor furniture (scrubbing off the rust, priming and painting), and a dozen other things. I won’t do everything on the list, but I like making it all the same.
How about you? Anything you’re looking forward to this weekend? I’d love to hear! In the meantime, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
– A conversation with Asian-Americans on race.
– College essay topic? Costco!
– Animal courtships performed by humans.
– Charts on film dialogue from 2000 screenplays, broken down by gender and age.
– My lovely friend, Asha Dornfest, creator of Parenthacks, had a new book come out this week. It’s full of smart, simple parenting tricks. Super helpful and it’s under ten bucks. I’ve already bought 3 copies!
– So good. A post written in the middle of chemo treatments.
– It’s the weekend! Here’s a happy Bollywood dance version of Justin Bieber’s Sorry.
– Last month, I bought these white leather hightops with metal mesh detailing and I’m obsessed with them.
– Jonathon Adler is the new creative director of Mattel (awesome!).
– New York’s new family leave policy.
– 75% of tampon patents are held by men.
– Hah! Leaving baby with the grandparents — 1st child vs. 3rd child.
– Liz & Jared’s new baby comes on Monday. I’m going to be an Aunt (again!). I can’t wait to meet her.
I hope you have a tremendous weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.