Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you? And Happy April Fools Day! Did your kids play any pranks on you this morning?
I’m writing this from Southern California. We’ve been having a great time exploring colleges up and down the coast this week and I can’t wait to report on the trip. Which reminds me, your advice has been incredibly helpful! Thank you a million for the thoughtful, wise comments.
This is just a quick hello, because we’re off to see two more campuses today, but if you’d like to see what we’re up to, you can follow along on Instagram. And in the meantime, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
[NEW LINK] – For all you Bay Area readers, I’ll be at this toddler-friendly event, bright and early on Monday morning, April 4th. It’s all to celebrate my awesome friend Asha Dornfest and her super-helpful new Parenthacks book. Would love to meet you (and your kids!) if you can make it.
– Why I’m teaching prisoners to code.
– ” I go to a competitive high school in surburbia. The stress is killing me.” Thanks, Michaela.
– A manager’s job is to make sure employees have a life outside work.
– So great! A Down syndrome independence-building apartment.
– Before you take that leap of faith to follow your dreams.
– Artists being pushed out of Oakland.
– Out here, no one can hear you scream.
– Why is it still okay to be ageist?
– Silly but made me chuckle — how to hug your teenagers.
– How millennials should deal with baby boomers at work.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.