By Gabrielle. Ben Blair snapped the photo.
Hello, Friends! How are you? I know I mentioned it yesterday, but this week has been challenging. I am very much looking forward to wrapping it up. Apparently my work load has left me feeling very emotionally sensitive — I started laughing this morning when I realized I was getting my feelings hurt by totally innocuous emails. Hah!
How about you? Any weekend plans you’re looking forward to? We have two good things on our schedule this weekend. Tonight, Oscar and Betty are performing in their school variety show. Oscar is doing a magic show with his friend — 3 awesome tricks! Oscar does the talking, his friend does the magic. There’s some confetti involved. It’s very cute! And Betty is singing La Vie en Rose. She sings it twice — once in English and once in French, with ukelele accompaniment by Olive. We painted a paper background featuring Paris landmarks that moves behind her while she sings. The banner is 24 feet long, and you can see about 8 feet of it here. Should be fun!
Then, tomorrow is Ralph’s Eagle Court of Honor! We’re feeling super proud of him. We’re holding the event at a nearby redwood grove — cross your fingers the weather holds! — and we’ll end with a tour of the grove led by a local naturalist. I’ll try to report next week. I’m off to have the program printed, but before I go, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– Your body language can change your life.
– The technology revolution was designed for men.
– Some babies are just easier than others.
– John Oliver on how the world celebrated International Women’s Day. (Note: language.)
– Denmark produced 140% of it’s electricity needs with wind power.
– Say it isn’t so! Rumor has it that Instagram is switching up our feeds from chronological to best posts first.
– I’d love your thoughts on this parenting article — “We’re Not Meant to Do It Alone.”
– Famous paintings remixed with album covers.
– The one big difference between kids who excel at math and those who don’t. Do you agree?
– Highly satisfying power-washing videos.
I hope you have a really excellent weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.