Photo and text by Gabrielle. The squirrels have been snacking on our porch pumpkins!
Hello, Friends! How are you? Are you ready for this Halloween-y weekend? We have our school costume parade today, and tomorrow is a school festival, plus trick-or-treating in the evening. At which point, I will be content to say goodbye to the Halloween decorations. I don’t know about you, November 1st always feels like the start of the Holiday Season to me. Bring it on!
But before we say goodbye to October, here are a few things I wanted to share with you:
– I read this two-part series on Artificial Intelligence, and immediately asked Ben Blair to read it too because I couldn’t wait to discuss it. So dang good! I’ve been thinking about it for days.
– An new app for kids to trade toys with each other.
– Thought experiment: What if there were no schools?
– Raise your hand if you’ve ever daydreamed of being interviewed by Terry Gross.
– Did you see this makeup commercial?
– This 6th grader will mail you a super secure password for $2.
– Watsi is a nonprofit that enables anyone to directly fund life-changing healthcare for people in developing countries. So far, they’ve saved over 5,500 lives and 100% of donations go straight to patients in need. I like the idea of giving Watsi giftcards for the holiday to my friends — and then they can use the giftcards to choose a patient, fund the care, and get updates on his or her post-treatment progress.
– Cutest little apple monsters.
– Lego wants to start creating their blocks from sustainable materials.
– Just realized I didn’t share the link to the First Film Festival awards show. There were some really terrific entries!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and a Happy Halloween! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Too busy to figure out a costume? Try these awesome (easy!) ideas. Even if you try the easiest one, I’ll bet it will make your child’s Halloween!