Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you doing? Was it a good week? Ours felt totally regular in that really good way. This weekend we’re down by two — Ralph is in Yosemite helping my brother’s company, Vacation Races, put on a half-marathon. And Maude is in Fresno for a cross country meet. But we’re also up by one — our niece Lindsey Madsen is coming to visit!
One of my little goals for the weekend is to get the porch looking fresh for fall. I didn’t use mums last year and missed them. So I’ve decided to go for mums and orange pumpkins. How about you? Any weekend plans you’re looking forward to?
I’m off to make up the guest bed, but before I go, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– Super cheap flights to Europe? Yes, please!
– Ten words every girl should learn.
– Mixed feelings watching these deaf children praying in sign language — it seems so private I feel like I shouldn’t be watching, but it’s so beautiful I don’t want to look away.
– The science of kindness.
– Do you ask questions when your kids get a playdate invite? Do you have a pool? Do you have guns in the house?
– Loving the bomb and sucking out the poison.
– Conversations between a father and child.
– Halloween at its most gorgeous.
I hope you have a really wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.