Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you? Did you have a good week? And is there anything you’re excited about this weekend? We’re headed to my cousin’s wedding tomorrow. Should be so much fun! It’s happening in Placerville — a pretty, little forested town between here and Lake Tahoe. Last time we were in the area, we collected a basket full of gigantic pinecones. There will be lots of cousins and aunts and uncles and we can’t wait!
You know what else I want to do this weekend? Watch TV! Hah! I feel like all the fall shows launched this week and I haven’t had a second to watch any of them. Did you watch anything good this week?
I really need to go make sure everyone has something to wear to the wedding, but before I head out, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
– I loved this essay on our toxic work world — especially at the end when she talks about big social changes that have happened in her lifetime. Hopeful stuff!
– So good. Read it twice. What my uterus can teach you about being a tech leader.
– Hah! Do you basically live in activewear? This video is for you.
– Growing older with Madonna. I found this fascinating. I also wondered if there are ever articles about Bono (or other aging male rock stars) like this. Aren’t Madonna and Bono about the same age?
– A passionate review of Spirit Airlines.
– Thoughts on UberCommute? Would you try it as a driver, or a passenger?
– Remember that advice about marrying down? New research related to the subject.
– Lastly, I’m so inspired by this! Just launched today. World Leaders have committed to 17 Global Goals to achieve 3 extraordinary things in the next 15 years: End extreme poverty. Fight inequality & injustice. Fix climate change. So cool!!!
I hope you have a fantastic weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Ben Blair and I went to a late showing of The Intern last night. It has me thinking about the discussion we had about The Big Flip, and it also has me thinking hard about what my future retirement might look like. Have you seen it?