Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you? Has it been a good week? We’ve had an exciting one — there are lots of big things happening in the treetops here at the Blair house! And I’ve been sharing photos on Instagram if you’d like to follow along. We’ve built platforms in 3 different trees across the yard — two platforms are about 30 feet up, and the other is about 50 feet high. We built and added a bridge between two (today we’re working on the hand rails), and we’re adding a zip-line between two platforms as well. Very high adventure! It feels like a ropes course right in our yard. : ) I’ll definitely share a full post with lots of photos when we’re done.
Amid the construction and runs to the hardware store and lumber yard, and the usual summer activities (like swim lessons), we’ve been trying to take breaks to make sure our visiting cousins/work crew get to do lots of sightseeing and fun stuff around the Bay Area, so I’m actually signing off early this week so we can fit as much as possible in — maybe even a beach day! But before I go, here are a few things I hope you’ll enjoy reading and watching:
– Why we need older women in the workplace.
– Human-looking faces on animal bodies.
– I already miss Jon Stewart.
– An opinion on the debates, access, and subscription TV.
– Women who wear makeup earn more and are treated better.
– Related: Amy Schumer’s Girl You Don’t Need Makeup video.
– Do you drink lemon water? I’ve never tried it.
– This Beach Boys sketch gets funnier every time I watch it.
– In America, only the rich can afford to write about poverty.
– How about a pretzel party?
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.