Photos and text by Gabrielle.
WHAT A WEEK! This is a pretty dang exciting time to be alive. So much change and discussion is happening that the air feels electric! I hope everyone, no matter what their personal opinions are on current events, can take joy from the excitement of seeing history happen before our eyes.
I’m feeling nothing but LOVE today! There are rainbows in my social media feeds, we’ve got cousins and friends in town, and the weather is gorgeous.
Oh. And we’re all going to a fun party tonight — if you’re in the Bay Area, you can come too! It’s a BrightLab Lights Pop-up Party at the darling shop, Mapamundi Kids in San Francisco. 5:00 this evening (Friday), details here. I’ll see you there!
And now, a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– From the NYT: Why I defaulted on my students loans.
– John Oliver’s piece about online harassment.
– Why airplane tickets never get cheaper.
– “Stop asking me how I afford to travel.”
– What if we treated all consent like society treats sexual consent?
– “The Confederate flag should not come down because it is offensive to African Americans. The Confederate flag should come down because it is embarrassing to all Americans.” — What this cruel war was over.
– Hah! Every state flag is wrong and here is why.
– I support the Humane Cosmetics Act.
– A tribute to a father.
– Love this. Touch the pickle!
– A black man and white woman switch places.
– Make a rainbow balloon banner to celebrate.
I hope you have an amazing weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.