Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello there, Friends! How are you? What a fun week this has been! I traveled to Salt Lake City on Sunday and have been here for Alt Summer all week. It was a really, really good conference! I can’t wait to tell you more about it, but if you’d like a sneak peek, I’ve been posting on Instagram — you can see that I went lighter with my hair (a big thanks to Aubrey Nelson, the master or platinum), and I also tried a pink wig for last night’s party!
I should tell you that I totally had plans to post daily on Design Mom this week — I typically do during Alt Summit. In fact, this is the 11th Alt Summit conference I’ve put on, and I’ve always continued to post while I’m at the conference. But this time, my schedule was simply more packed than usual and I just couldn’t make it happen. Thanks for your patience with my radio silence! I’m heading home today, and I’ll be back to regular posting on Monday.
Of course, I can’t wait to get home! I miss Ben Blair and the kids like crazy. Before I go pack up, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
– Missed Connections for jerks.
– A single dad discovers maxi pads. Thoughts on this one? Thanks, Tracy.
– Liquid 3D printer. Wow!
– Whoa. Scientists just found out how to cut-and-paste DNA for less than the price of a pair of sneakers.
– Overloaded vehicles from around the world.
– A good read on gratitude: My father has Alzheimer’s, but it’s far from the nightmare you probably think it is.
– Kevin Spacey impersonating Christopher Walken auditioning for Han Solo.
– Our we tuning our instruments wrong, and can we blame the Nazis?
– Hah! Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig are making a Lifetime movie?
– Hair printing sounds fascinating.
– Thinking of summer. Let’s all make tricycle car washes.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — My birthday is on Sunday, but so far, I have zero plans to celebrate. I need to think of something fun to do!