Photo and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you? How was your week? We are feeling good at the Blair house! Just 4 more days of school next week — and they’re half days! The whole family is feeling quite celebratory — and Golden State won last night, so that’s adding to the celebration vibes.
We have some traveling going on too. Ralph is at The Tetons this weekend and will be at Yellowstone next weekend, working on videos for the Vacation Races half marathons. And I’m heading to Salt Lake City on Sunday for Alt Summer. Which means today, I need to start packing. (Side note: I find that I enjoy packing for Alt Winter, far more than Summer Alt. Turns out I favor cold-weather clothes more than warm-weather clothes. How about you?)
I’m off to pull out my suitcase, but before I go, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– How do you end your emails?
– Is Pinterest Stress a real thing for you?
– Japanese man turns plastic to oil at home (the magic happens from 1:15 to 3:00 of the video).
– So funny! Oscar had us listening to this on repeat.
– I just heard about #ByeFelipe — it’s an Instagram account and hashtag that shows the reaction of men who have been ignored or declined — and have been shaking my head for like a week. (Warning: Not for your kids!)
– The futuristic computer interface in movies like IronMan and Minority Report is now real?
– “No one can figure out my bra size.” So informative!
– Girls rule in this Indian village.
– How Connie Schultz built a unique community on Facebook.
I hope you have a really lovely weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Just curious: What do you do with your spare change? Mine was gathering dust, so I brought it to a Coinstar machine at the grocery store the other night. It was my first time using a machine like that, and I found it oddly satisfying to hear it sort the coins and spit out the foreign ones. Instead of cash, I chose Amazon credit. Turns out there was over 30 bucks in those old jars!