By Gabrielle. Photo by Amy Christie for Design Mom.
Hello, Friends! I’m writing to you from Arizona. I arrived here on Wednesday for my book signing, and then I was lucky enough to stick around for the Mom 2.0 Summit in Scottsdale. I spoke on a panel this morning, and I’ve had a fantastic time connecting with old and new friends. For me, blogging conferences are like getting to hang out with c0-workers. It feels like such a treat to talk shop for several days in a row!
What’s next? Well, tomorrow (Saturday), I fly straight from here to Seattle. This coming week, Pottery Barn is hosting 4 book parties for me. How awesome is that? This is where I’ll be:
– On Sunday, May 3rd (that’s day after tomorrow!), I’ll be in Seattle, at the Pottery Barn in University Village from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. And my co-host is the lovely Ashley Rodriguez of Not Without Salt. Address: 4627 26th Ave NE in Seattle.
– On Tuesday, May 5th, I’ll be in Chicago at the Lincoln Park Pottery Barn, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. My co-host is the fantastic Nicole Balch of Making It Lovely. Address: 1000 W North Ave in Chicago.
– On Thursday, May 7th, I’ll be in Atlanta, at Pottery Barn Lenox Square, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, with my amazing co-host Rachel Faucett of Handmade Charlotte. Address: 3393 Peachtree Rd NE in Atlanta.
– On Saturday, May 9th, I’ll be back in the Bay Area, at the Pottery Barn in Corte Madera, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. And my sister, the wonderful Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day, will be my co-host. Address: 1822 Redwood Hwy, Corte Madera, CA in the Bay Area.
These Pottery Barn Events are FREE to attend. No need to RSVP. At each event there will be book signing, a parenting Q&A, a craft project, and treats — including a custom cookie made just for these events. And Pottery Barn will be open for all customers during these events which means you can browse the store as well. So please come by and say hello. I really hope to see you there!
(Wondering what the craft is? It’s that cute You Are Special Today plate pictured above. And if you can’t make it to the events, you can also find the DIY in my book.)
Now, I’ve got to get back to the conference. But before I hit publish, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– My schedule has been so unusual this week, but when I’ve had a few minutes here and there to check in, my mind goes straight to Nepal, and to Baltimore. It’s been a heavy week. I hope you’re all doing okay.
– One method for dealing with distractions.
– “What is it that prevents people from seeing themselves in us?”
– Lost Mongolian tribe that trains reindeer, wolves, and eagles.
– Gay men when straight people aren’t around.
I hope you have a good weekend. Maybe I’ll see you in Seattle! Either way, I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — I know this is a shorter than normal link list. Because I’ve been traveling, I’ve had less time this week to collect interesting stuff. But I’ll try to add to this list over the weekend, so feel free to check back tomorrow. And if you’ve seen something cool this week, share a link in the comments!