Image and text by Gabrielle. I know Easter is over, but it’s still endless egg salad sandwiches at our house.
So this has been, and continues to be, a fun week. The official Design Mom Book publish date was Tuesday, and as I’ve mentioned, I had a big launch party that night that I can’t wait to tell you about. But there’s more. We shot a really good Olive Us episode today, and I have two book tour events in Utah tomorrow (see below)! Another thing that made me grin: Publisher’s Weekly gave my book a starred review — their highest rating! If you’d like to, you can read the review on the Amazon listing.
A huge thank you to everyone who has bought a book, or told a friend about it, or Instagrammed it, or left an Amazon review, or who came to my book party, or who is planning to come to an upcoming book party. I’m just so completely grateful for the support. Seriously. I can’t thank you enough.
Now about those events in Utah tomorrow. Are you coming? They’re going to be fantastic! First, I’ll be at Deseret Book near University Mall, (230 E University Parkway, Orem, UT 84058), from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM. And the fabulous Alison Faulkner of The Alison Show will be there to quiz me on all my motherhood secrets! Then, I’ll be at the Fort Union Deseret Book from 2:00 to 3:30 PM with the always lovely Small Fry Ladies! Book signings, gift bags, treats, terrific discussions, and YOU are invited! I hope to see you there.
I need to be off to catch my flight to Utah, but before I head out, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Putting out fires with sound? Fantastic.
– The next session of Language Hangouts with Haiti Partners is starting soon! It’s free to get involved and chatting with Haitian teens, helping them learn English, is really the coolest!
– Dove keeps knocking it out of the ballpark. This one about #choosebeautiful made me emotional and I can’t even pinpoint what it is exactly.
– Making the poor prove they’re worthy of government benefits.
– Amy Schumer is new-to-me, but I think I’m in love.
– Jimmy Carter on losing his religion for equality.
– Foraged Mother’s Day Boutonnieres.
– A campaign to put a woman’s face on the 20 dollar bill. Thoughts?
– One more Design Mom book mention, I LOVE this thoughtful review from A Practical Wedding.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend — and if you live in Utah, maybe I’ll see you! Either way, I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.