Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you? Are you ready for the weekend? Ours should be an exciting one! Tomorrow Betty is getting baptized, and it’s also Ben Blairs birthday! My mom is in town for the baptism, and we’re excited to have local friends and family gather for this little event. Mormon kids typically get baptized when they’re 8, and Betty turned 8 last May, but we weren’t able to get this on the calendar till now. Hah! She’s been so patient about all the delays. Betty is seriously such a sweetheart.
This is one of those extra-celebratory weeks for our family, because Maude also had a birthday on Wednesday! She’s 16 now and I can hardly believe it. She is a delight to parent.
Gosh I like our kids.
Anyway, I’ve got quite a list I’m hoping to tackle as we prep for tomorrow’s gathering, so I’m going to sign off now. But before I go, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Today is the perfect day to learn more about this important movie called Honor Diaries.
– This amazing flat iron is on sale for $38. (It’s usually $200!). It gets fantastic reviews and I just ordered one.
– Speaking of hair, here are tips for tangle free toddler hair.
– Did you see these clever “unskippable” Geico ads?
– 9 things Latinos are tired of explaining to everyone else.
– The earliest footage of New York City.
– Ringling Brothers is going to stop using elephants in their shows. I’m glad to hear it!
– Lean In Together! I love this video so much. It brought tears to my eyes. I am incredibly lucky to have good men in my life. My husband, my father, my brothers. Not one of them has ever treated me like I was less than fully capable because of my gender.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.