By Gabrielle. Photo is me holding my sister Jordan of Oh Happy Day — such a festive shot!
Hello, Friends! How are you? Oh my goodness I am surely excited to greet the weekend. I pretty much love that Valentine’s Day is on Saturday — it means we can sleep in and enjoy a lazy brunch. And then no school on Monday! I swear, three day weekends feel like gold at the end of a rainbow.
What are your plans this weekend? I know in some parts of the country they call the next 7 days “ski week”. Any of you headed to the slopes? Or maybe a romantic date for Saturday night? We haven’t made plans for Valentine’s night at all. Our older three are all babysitting for other families, so I’m guessing we’ll stay in. Takeout + a movie sounds about right. Any favorite romantic comedies you’d recommend? I’d love to watch something we haven’t seen before! But maybe a re-watch of You’ve Got Mail or While You Were Sleeping is in order. (I would add Notting Hill as an option, but we just watched it on Sunday. Also, Sunday was the first time I realized Lord Grantham is in Notting Hill! He’s so young!!!)
I’ve got appointments for much of today and need to head out, but before I do, there are few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Oh man. I can’t stop thinking about this article on public shaming. I feel like this could happen to anyone. It’s so easy to assume the worst of people.
– And the opposite, a feel good story!
– My sister-in-law, Margaret Blair Young, launched a kickstarter for a really cool movie she’s working on based in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Take a look!
– Are you a shoes off house? (Our house is so indoor/outdoor, I find it almost impossible.)
– If Stanley Tucci were your boyfriend.
– Every major Snape scene in chronological order.
– “Christianity did not “cause” slavery, anymore than Christianity “caused” the civil-rights movement.”
– She de-vamps dolls and gives them a new life. Thanks, Kirsty.
– A cute little video + Valentine printable from my friends at Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
– They’ve been dating for 8 years but have never said, “I love you”. Thanks, Mary Karen.
– I’ve never been into tumblr much, but my teens are big fans — Maude keeps two tumblrs, one for funny stuff, and one for photos she loves. Do you have an opinion on tumblr?
I hope you have a truly fantastic (long) weekend. Happy Valentine’s Day! Happy President’s Day! I hope you get a welcome break from your routine. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.