By Gabrielle. Photos by Kristen Loken for Design Mom.
Hello, Friends. How are you doing? Was it a good week? I was flying high this week from the response to my Book Pre-Order announcement. The next day I found out the book was listed in the #1 spot on the best seller list in Amazon’s Home Decor category. Woo hoo! I know it may only last a day, but I’ll take it. : ) Also, I know that it’s the direct result of your support and enthusiasm and I can’t thank you enough. Seriously. Thank you!
Now, let’s discuss the weekend. Any fun plans? We’ve got a pancake breakfast for the Scouts tomorrow morning, but other than that, I think we’ll just enjoy the rainy weather that has come our way. Rain sometimes feels like such a novelty here. But I’m happy for any excuse to wear my awesome rain boots. I get compliments on them all day long anytime I wear them!
I’m off to tackle my inbox, but before I go, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– An excellent essay on copying and copyright.
– My son Ralph sent me this short movie called Paint. It’s really good. You should totally show it to your kids.
– Periodic Table of Texting. I feel like I only know a handful of these.
– “What had we been expecting — a monster? ”
– Family detention camps. I’m ashamed to say I didn’t even know these existed.
– Feeling crummy? Try Skittles in water. Hah!
– She confronted her cruelest troll.
– Have you ever tried a no jeans challenge?
– A student’s life-changing trip to Tanzania (that’s my niece!).
I hope you have a really good weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — We had family photos snapped at our house last Sunday and the two photos above are a sneak peek of the results. I love both shots!