Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. How are you? Is your new year getting off to a good start? Any good stuff going on this weekend? Today is Oscar’s birthday so we’ve got celebration plans! We started the day with breakfast in bed, we’ll have cake and open presents tonight, and tomorrow we’re picking up the cousins for a day trip to the Monterrey Aquarium. Oscar could not be more excited if he tried.
We’ll also be packing up Ben & Ralph for their big trip to Haiti — they leave Sunday, and I have my next hair bleaching appointment tomorrow morning. Should be a big full weekend at the Blair house. But before I sign off to get Oscar’s birthday stuff prepped, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Oh so heartsick about France. I’m watching the news and following the #charliehebdo hashtag on Instagram, and talking with the kids about freedom of expression. I’m sure you are too.
– This morning, I was feeling particularly tenderhearted about the gloomy news, and I saw this sweet and funny little photo and was surprised to find it comforted me a bit. I suppose, I’ll take any bit of sweetness I can get!
– On a more light-hearted note this article made me laugh: Today I learned something about my boyfriend that no girl should ever have to discover.
– New Year’s Resolutions by Myer’s-Briggs personality type. Is your description accurate?
– Skip the mall ear piercing booth and take your kids to the tattoo parlor instead. Thanks, Wendy.
– Hah! A note to post when you leave on vacation.
– Good dads will change the world.
– Why women need more sleep than men. Thanks, Sarah.
– Half the country is freezing right now, but these guys have figured out how to make the most of a polar vortex. Thanks, Beccah.
– If you’ve followed the media outrage over Shiloh Jolie-Pitt’s preference to be called John, this call for acceptance might hit home. Thanks, Mary Ann.
– An interesting idea: Why we need to change how we use the word “blessed.” Thanks, Erin.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.