Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you today? Ready for the weekend? I sure am. It was a jam-packed happy week and I feel like we’re ending it on a happy note, too. Which is great. Tonight the cousins are coming for a sleepover!
I have two siblings that live in the Bay Area and we’ve decided to make it a monthly tradition and rotate houses. Last month was at Jordan’s house, this month we’re hosting, and next month it’s Liz’s turn. We LOVE having the cousins over! It’s a funny thing, here we are in the same area, and you’d think we’d see each other constantly, but we’ve found putting specific plans on the calendar works best, otherwise, we get too busy and never get together. Do you live near any of your family members? Have you found the same thing to be true, or do you see each other often?
The other thing I’m excited about is that I’m working with photographer Kristen Loken today. I’ve worked with Kristen on two other occasions and she’s terrific. So it should be a really good day. But before I get to work, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Win pajamas for your whole family! Just in time for your holiday pj tradition. Did you know tomorrow is National Family Pajama Night? It’s true! And The Company Store is supporting the big day by contributing a portion of every pair of pajamas they sell through December 22nd to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. The Company Store is also donating 3000 pairs of pjs to the RMHC! Such a great way to support families who are dealing with critical illnesses. Bonus: You can WIN pajamas for your family from The Company Store on my Instagram feed. It’s a 24 hour contest, so act fast!
– What do you think of this science-based approach to kids and screen time?
– “As a nation, we choose subsidizing corn syrup over childcare.” A very thought-provoking read on what’s being dubbed “the mommy problem.” Thanks, Vrylena.
– 11 Shared Bedrooms your kids would love!
– So goes the middle class, so goes the church. Thanks, Tom.
– Hilarious – how to pluralize your last name this holiday season. Thanks, Ainsley.
– Do you think you’re looking for perfection in all the wrong places?
– Our favorite fairy tales are actually even darker than we originally knew.
– How to turn your princess-obsessed toddler into a feminist. Ha! Thanks, Barbara.
I hope you have a really wonderful weekend. Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? I just got goosebumps I’m so excited for the holidays this year! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.