Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How was your week? Mine was good! On Monday night, Ben Blair and I went to dinner with Brad and Kristi Montague, the couple that writes and produces the fantastic Kid President videos. The dinner totally pumped me up! Such a talented, sincere, hardworking couple. I’ve been thinking about the evening ever since.
The second happy thing: The weather has finally cooled down here a bit! It’s hovering around 70 — I realize that’s still totally mild, but it feels closer to fall than it did last week. : ) And speaking of fall, we are in full Halloween costume mode around here (Oscar wants to be Frankenstein, Betty wants to be Dracula, and June wants to be Annie), and I suspect that’s what we’ll be working on this weekend. That, and more progress on the Girls’ Room. How about you? Any weekend plans?
I’m off to a lunch meeting in a bit, but before I head out, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– Which English you speak has nothing to do with how smart you are. Thanks, Ainsley.
– The best way to respond to a bully. Thanks, Natalie.
– A very powerful read on what happens when a company tackles Ebola.
– This boggles my mind a bit, but apparently seven pounds isn’t what ten pounds is. New research indicates that heavier babies are also healthier — and do better in school. (All my babies were tiny! None even close to 10 lbs.) Thanks, Kat.
– This also boggles my mind. What a $95 million apartment looks like. Thanks, Audrey.
– Woah. These shrimps can see cancer, and now, there is a camera that can, too. Thanks, Matt.
– The cutest marshmallow monsters.
– A group of professional moms called the Nappy Collective in Melbourne are running an Australia-wide diaper drive. In August alone, they collected 82 thousand diapers. I’m so curious if you see diaper drives like this where you live?
– PLEASE let this be true. #bringbackourgirls
– Oh man. This is amazing, mind-blowing and ultimately incomprehensible to me. Made me tear up thinking about how precious life is.
I hope you have a terrific weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already!