Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How’s it going? Any weekend plans you’re looking forward to? We’re thinking of our European kids this weekend, because Ralph is headed from England to France tomorrow. He’ll be in the same town, and attend the same school as Olive, but they’ll be living with different families. Oh man, the thought of them getting to see each other on most days makes me super happy, and is somehow hugely comforting. Which reminds me, I should totally share an update about how both Olive and Ralph are doing — hopefully next week!
Beyond thinking of my kids-across-the-ocean, my weekend will be mostly taken up with responding to copy edits on four of my book chapters. Anytime there’s a circumstance that requires me to make a ton of purposeful decisions all at once (like when we cleared out our storage unit in Colorado), I have to really psyche up for it and getting in a particular frame of mind. A thousand decisions that need to be made during a short time period is so overwhelming to me! It’s the exact opposite of busy work, and I find it completely exhausting. I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Before I dig in to my book work, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– I totally need this — Pep talk of the week!
– I had no idea Bridge to Terebithia was a frequently banned book.
– To mark National Public Lands Day, all National Parks are free on Saturday. Woot!
– This restaurant wants to be the worst-reviewed on Yelp.
– Did you get a chance to see Emma Watson’s UN speech? Any thoughts?
– The best built-in beds for kids.
– Meta Coleman’s class on Creative Children’s Spaces looks so good.
– The A-Z of dance.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.