Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you? I’m sharing my link list a day early this week, because tomorrow is a holiday. Can I tell you how excited my family is for Independence Day? We’re feeling very patriotic just being here in the country (we didn’t move from France last summer till July 15th if you’re keeping track). In fact, last Sunday in church we sang American anthems like America the Beautiful and The Star Spangled Banner, and it made me super happy to belt them out!
Our plans are: waterpark, BBQ and watching fireworks. And running around with the kids in red, white and blue (of course!). How about you? For my American readers, will you be celebrating tomorrow? And for my readers who are not American, forgive me for posting my link list a day early. : )
We bought a BBQ on Monday and it’s supposed to be delivered today. Assuming it arrives intact, tomorrow will mark the inaugural BBQ get-together at the Treehouse! While I check in with the delivery truck, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
– Life changing password?
– Kids getting too much screen time this summer? Lock it up.
– An Adopted Child’s View of the Christian Adoption Movement. Woah.
– The trick to mixing patterns in a nursery.
– Hilarious. If Independence Day never happened.
– 5% of sales from this Joss & Main flash sale go to Habitat for Humanity.
– Nazi’s “perfect Aryan baby” was actually Jewish.
– Want to add to the research on adult peer relationships? Take this survey.
– “I Just Watched The Notebook and Am Here to Ruin It for All of You.” Dying laughing! (But it’s written with lots of cuss words, so not for everyone.)
– And one more funny from The Onion. Does anyone else relate to this?
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Yay for fireworks! Yay for sparklers! Yay for America! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — The image is a a #throwbackthursday to our first 4th of July in France.